Once several lawyers have been researched, reach out to them to schedule an initial consultation. This is a great way to assess a lawyer’s capabilities. Many civil attorneys offer free or low cost in-person meetings where they will analyze the client’s case and provide information regarding their law firm. During the consultation, the attorney should make the client feel comfortable, they should be courteous and professional and they should be knowledgeable in their field of practice.
A few important questions to ask the lawyer are:
- How many years of experience do they have in this particular civil scenario?
- Does the lawyer specialize specifically in civil matters?
- How many civil cases does the lawyer work on per year?
- What is their success rate for winning cases?
- Have they completed any other special training?
- What are the lawyer’s fees and will any additional, unexpected fees be incurred?
- Will there be paralegals or legal assistants assisting with the case?
- Can they provide a list of references?
- What does the process of working with them look like? For instance, how often do they follow-up with the client and do they set milestones during the course of the case?
For clients in need of a top civil attorney in their area, rest assured that the perfect lawyer is available. Finding the right fit will take a little time and effort, but the benefits are undeniable. A quality lawyer will have the client’s best interests at heart and they will do a thorough job with the best results. Click here to see a list of the top civil attorneys in your area.